Visitation

Visitation
Artist: Jim Janknegt

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring has sprung!

A blessed St. Patrick's day to you all! We're celebrating in true form here with bacon and cabbage, soda bread and champ. I'll post pictures of our celebration tomorrow.

It is a gorgeous day here in New England. It's the first day the temperatures and barely kissed the 60's, the sun is out and there is just a hint of a cool breeze. As my kids napped, I sat in the backyard soaking in the sun and some caffeine chatting with my mom. Then I noticed the flowers.


Cue rushing sound of release. Release of the cloud that has been hovering over my head the last few days, release of the tension and disappointment that comes with long days followed by long nights. Release of the feelings of weariness from a long long winter. Spring! 

I've been having more "up" days since little ones started napping again. (Hence the blog). But the "down" ones still rear their ugly heads every now and then. I have trouble staying calm and patient with my little ones. I know I ought to let go of it, and give it to God, but the selfish part of me wants to hang onto these feelings of frustration in order to have something to control. 

Yesterday at the mother's group I attend the topic of the day was prayer, or as the study called it: "plugging into the power source". The speaker said something that resonated with me, that sometimes the prayers of a mother, especially one of very young children, are nothing more than, "HELP!". God hears that as a prayer. So yesterday and today as my patience dwindled walking down the sidewalk, getting into the car, and going down for naps my prayers were: "Help!", "HELP!", and "help."

And then I saw the flowers. It was the answer to my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. yay. beautiful bekah!

    i loved watching the spring discovery with you while chatting on the phone... i got excited when i saw a fly outside on my window... can't wait for the buds and flowers after the snow melts.

    "Arise my beloved, my beautiful one. the winter has past and the rains are gone. flowers appear. it is the season of singing!" song of songs 2

    ReplyDelete